function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Becky Miller 10Becky Miller 10 

Not creating a Case from Live Agent

Could someone help me understand why this code is not creating the case within Live Agent?

<!-- Save the Contact on the Live Chat Transcript's Contact Loookup -->
<!-- <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.saveToTranscript:Contact" value="Contact" /> -->
<!-- Show the Contact when it is found or created -->
<!-- <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.showOnCreate:Contact" value="true" /> -->
<!-- Create a Case every time -->
<input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat:caseOrigin" value="Chat" />
<input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat:caseSubject" id="subject" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat:caseSuppliedName" id="SuppliedName" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat:Status" value="In Progress" />
<input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat:caseRecordType" value="Support" />
<input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.map:Case" value="Origin,caseOrigin;Subject,caseSubject;Status,Status;Domain__c,Domain;SuppliedCompany,Organization;RecordType,caseRecordType;SuppliedEmail,Email;SuppliedName,caseSuppliedName" />
<input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.map.doCreate:Case" value="Origin,true;Subject,true;Status,true;Domain__c,true;SuppliedCompany,true;SuppliedEmail,true;SuppliedName,true;RecordType,true;" /> <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.saveToTranscript:Case" value="Case" />
<input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.showOnCreate:Case" value="true" />
<!-- Link the records to the Case -->
<input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.linkToEntity:Organization__c" value= "Case,Organization__c" />
<input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.linkToEntity:Account" value= "Case,AccountId" />

Best Answer chosen by Becky Miller 10
Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
Here is a great blog on how to tear this code apart and understand what it's all doing:  http://peterknolle.com/live-agent-pre-chat-api/

The next thing I would do is to open your browser's Javascript Console and see if you get any console errors on submit - there could be some bad code or misentered data throwing a wrench in the works too.

All Answers

Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
Here is a great blog on how to tear this code apart and understand what it's all doing:  http://peterknolle.com/live-agent-pre-chat-api/

The next thing I would do is to open your browser's Javascript Console and see if you get any console errors on submit - there could be some bad code or misentered data throwing a wrench in the works too.
This was selected as the best answer
Becky Miller 10Becky Miller 10
Thank you Andy I will give that a try.