function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BoydMBXBoydMBX 

Customize Browser Tab Title

When our users log in with Chrome or Firefox (I imagine IE is the same), the Home Page browser tab says "Salesforce - Enterprise Edition". How do we change that to include our company name? It would be helpful since some of our users live in multiple instances of SF and having an indication of which org I'm logged into from the tab would be greatly helpful.
Best Answer chosen by BoydMBX
James LoghryJames Loghry
Dont believe you can do this.  You should instead vote on this idea: https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=087300000006n7A

The easiest way is to keep track of the pod or subdomain (na22 versus cs22 versus cs 21, etc).  Otherwise, you could also check the Setup->Company Information->Company Profile to determine if you're in the correct org.

All Answers

James LoghryJames Loghry
Dont believe you can do this.  You should instead vote on this idea: https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=087300000006n7A

The easiest way is to keep track of the pod or subdomain (na22 versus cs22 versus cs 21, etc).  Otherwise, you could also check the Setup->Company Information->Company Profile to determine if you're in the correct org.
This was selected as the best answer
BoydMBXBoydMBX
Thank you. That's too bad. I've voted on it. While it is easy to figure out once the browser window is open, it's trickier when I have 20 browser tabs trying to locate the one I'm looking for. Thanks for the quick response!
Lee Gregory 4Lee Gregory 4
Just discovered how to do this using a custom lightning component.  Put a Render handler in the cmp and a document.title = "title" in the controller and it will override the default html title that salesforce applies.  Working great for our org and solves a big complaint from our users about the switch to Lightning.
Sai Bharadwaj GotetiSai Bharadwaj Goteti
 Include this in the component: <aura:handler name="render" value="{!this}" action="{!c.onRender}"/>
 Include this in the controller: 
onRender: function(component, event, helper){
       document.title = "Specify the title";  
    }
and you see that the name on the tab change it to the name specified by you.