function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Arul SantiaguArul Santiagu 

Salesforce disabling TLS 1.0

Hi,
We have an application that developed on Java 1.6 that is integrated with Salesforce, we have hosted the application in Jboss Application Server 5.1 and the Windows Sever where we have deployed the application Windows 2003 Server.

We have received a notification from Salesforce that Salesforce will be disabling TLS 1.0 soon, how do I find out whether my application integrated with Salesforce is using TLS 1.0? What actions should we do at our end to disable the TLS 1.0 and enable TLS 1.1 and higher.

I greatly appreciate your guidance and support.
AdamDawAdamDaw
You will likely want to check your app server settings. This would be handled on that side of the conversation if I'm not mistaken. 
Thanks for your kind reply Adam. Do you mean app server settings as the  JBOSS Application server settings that hosts the Java Application?

AdamDawAdamDaw
Yes, precisely! Either that or on Windows Server itself. Both would be worth investigating.
Daniel BallingerDaniel Ballinger
According to Salesforce disabling TLS 1.0 (https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000221207) -

Platform or Library: Java 6 (1.6) and below
TLS 1.1 or Higher Compatibility Notes: Not compatible with TLS 1.1 or higher encryption

Windows Server 2003 support for TLS 1.1 also sounds iffy (source (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/kaushal/archive/2011/10/02/support-for-ssl-tls-protocols-on-windows.aspx)).

It might be time to think about upgrading both the OS and the Java library to more current versions.
Thank you Daniel Ballinger, I have read the note and preparing to upgrade both the OS and Java library to support the TLS 1.1 or higher.
Vijay Prakash SinghVijay Prakash Singh
Thank you Daniel Ballinger it work for data loader.