function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WhyserWhyser 

Can Salesforce Guest License Users add Opportunity Products?

We are trying to make a customer portal (without logging in) for customers to be able to add User Licenses for our product.
Without logging in, the user profile for the running user is "Guest License User".

We have created a Salesforce Site page that exposes a VisualForce page that allows users to add new licenses.
I am able to create an Opportunity from the externally exposed site, but when I try to add Opportunity Line Items (Opportunity Products), I run into site errors.

Salesforce "Guest License User" permissions only allow read and create permissions for most objects (including Opportunities, which is the object I am interested in).

Two Questions

1) Are the permissions available to the Opportunity Line Item for the "Guest License User"  the same as the permissions for the Opportunity? Or in other words, do the parent object's permissions cascade down to the child (Opportunity -> Opportunity Line Item)

2) Are "Guest License Users" unable to add Opportunity Line Items? I assume that adding an Opportunity Line Item to an Opportunity would "update" the Opportunity with Quantities and Amounts. If "Guest License User"s have no access to edit the Opportunity, are they inherently blocked from creating an Opportunity Line Item associated to an Opportunity?
AshlekhAshlekh
Hi,

You can update and insert and delete the opportunity and opporutnity line item through the Guest User.

-Thanks
Ashlekh Gera
WhyserWhyser
How can you update if the Guest User License profile does not allow Edit on Opportunities?