function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Zoom_VZoom_V 

Replace the Recent list with Visualforce

Another title for this post could have been : "How can I remove the New button from the Recent list view ?"

I don't want my users to be able to use the New button for a certain custom object. I have taken it out of the List Views, but it is still appearing in the Recent list view for that object. 

I can't find a way to get rid of it. The only thing I can think of is to maybe replace the Recent view with a Visualforce page. But how do I do that ? Is that possible ? If so, what would the code be for that ? 

If you know of an easier way to get rid of the New button in a Recent view I would love to hear about it.

Thank you.
sfdcsushilsfdcsushil
At profile level, do they have create access? Removing create access from profile should remove it from everywhere where you have standard buttons. 
Puneet Bajaj 3Puneet Bajaj 3
Go To:

Setup->Create->Objects->Click on Custom Object Name
Then scroll down to "Buttons, Links, and Actions"
Click "Edit" next to New
and then select override with Visualforce Page 

Thanks,
Puneet
Zoom_VZoom_V
@sushilbpositive - I want them to be able to create new records with the object. I just don't want them to be able to create them by pressing the New button. I have a custom button in another object which they would press that would start a Flow which creates a record in that object.

Thank you.
sfdcsushilsfdcsushil
Follow steps mentioned by Puneet then. It will change wherever you have standard button exposed. 
Zoom_VZoom_V
@PuneetBajaj3 - I don't want them to be able to press the New button. I want to eliminate the New button altogether. If I could eliminate the typical Recent list with a Visualforce page I would maybe use that. 
Puneet Bajaj 3Puneet Bajaj 3
@Zoom_V - This is one of the ideas posted on success community at the following link.
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000BpzK

As of today, you cannot remove the standard "New" button under Recent list altogether.

Thanks,
Puneet
jenny stephenjenny stephen
I'm new to this site. I'm being an active participant, because i know how informative you are..... Thank you for accepting my request.

essay writing services (http://essaysmaster.com/essay-writing)