function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
glyn-devglyn-dev 

Where are BigObjects stored?

I've been reading about the BigObject pilot program, but nowhere have I found an explanation of how BigObject storage is accounted.  Do they count 2KB per record against database storage, as do other custom objects?  Or are they accounted differently?
pconpcon
I do not have any documentation to back it up, but if I recall correctly, the data does not cound against your database storage.  This data is not stored in the same Oracle database like the rest of your objects are.  Instead they are stored in something like hbase on the backend.
Rashi krishan 1Rashi krishan 1
Hi glyn-dev,

Bigdata are the salesforce objects which has records like other salesforce objects.

Thanks,

Rashi Krishan
Mirketa Software Pvt Ltd
http://mirketa.com/index.html

glyn-devglyn-dev
@pcon  Thank you for your explanation.  I'm still trying to figure out if they count against your database storage limits, regardless of where they're acutally stored, or if they have they're own storage limits; and what the costs are to exceed those limits...

@Rashi  Thank you for your answer, but it doesn't tell me what I want to know either.  Perhaps I should have worded the question differently...

I really do appreciate you guys for answering.  So often these questions go unanswered.  Tthanks again!
pconpcon
I'm pretty sure they have their own limits and are not tied to the database limits.  I would say that since this is still a Pilot offering your best bet for figuring out the limits and the default amount of storage space is to contact Salesforce sales and ask them about this.  Also since it's a pilot offering there's a pretty good chance that some of that may change once it is GA'd.