function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nelle3223nelle3223 

Dependency Field Rule

Trying to create a dependency for Bid Defense Meeting date field is required based on Bid Defense Required field = yes.  For some reason I cannot get it to work.  I have so far (Opportunity: Bid Defense Required equals Yes) So field update Bid Defense Meeting Date is required.  ANy help would be great.  thanks!
Best Answer chosen by nelle3223
nelle3223nelle3223
I figured what i did for the first one and completed it,but now another question.  When the Stage (Picklist field) of the Opportunity equals Proposal in Development then Bid Defense Required (Picklist Field of Yes and No) field needs to be updated.  Here is what i have so far  AND(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Proposal in Development"),
NOT(ISPICKVAL( BLANKVALUE(Bid_Defense_Required__c ))
My error is telling me I am missing a ")" but cannot seem to find the missing one.

All Answers

Carlos Campillo GallegoCarlos Campillo Gallego
Hi nelle3223

I'll assume that when you say Dependency Field Rule you mean Validation rule. In your current rule criteria, you are just checking that this field equals Yes, now you have to add that the Bid Defense Meeting date is empty so that the error message appears whenever the date is mandatory and empty.
I guess that you are not using the Formula editor, so, you have to add another line and put something like this:
Bid Defense Meeting date equals .
I have not forgotten anything, I'm leaving blank the field where you previously put Yes. This way the validation will be triggered if the date field is empty.

Regards
nelle3223nelle3223
I figured what i did for the first one and completed it,but now another question.  When the Stage (Picklist field) of the Opportunity equals Proposal in Development then Bid Defense Required (Picklist Field of Yes and No) field needs to be updated.  Here is what i have so far  AND(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Proposal in Development"),
NOT(ISPICKVAL( BLANKVALUE(Bid_Defense_Required__c ))
My error is telling me I am missing a ")" but cannot seem to find the missing one.
This was selected as the best answer
srlawr uksrlawr uk
Also... you are actually missing two brackets right at the end of your formula... you need four - one for BLANKVALUE one for ISPICKVAL one for NOT and one for the AND.

I sometimes find it easier to write the formula out on lines, just like code, so you don't miss any - you can then always flatten them out again

AND(        
     ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Proposal in Development"),
     NOT(
         ISPICKVAL(
                   BLANKVALUE(Bid_Defense_Required__c)
                  )
        )
   )

bear in mind Carlos' comments on your formula too though... so even though I have balanced that one, it's probably still not right! :)