function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Minseok KangMinseok Kang 

Lightning Experience Action Modal Content Size Issue

This question is regarding Lightning Experience (formerly Lightning Desktop) and not Lightning Components.  The issue is that the Lightning Experience modal's interior content height does not seem to respect the Action's height nor appears to be settable anywhere.

In this simplified example, we have an Action that is set to a height of 750px that simply opens a VF page with some sample text.

User-added image

Instead of the contents of the modal being 750px (Action height) or the content height, you can see the scrollbars and small height.  Manually changing the 'cuf-content' element to a bigger height in developer tools shows the desired output.  We can't change the cuf-content element since this is 'outside' of the modal iframe.

User-added image

Is this an already known bug?  Any workarounds or different approaches? 
Joshua DavisJoshua Davis
@Minseok Kang, Have you found a solution to this?  I'm stuck with this issue as well.
Minseok KangMinseok Kang
Unfortunately no.  L1 Partner Support indicated that this is by design and recommended modals smaller than 400 pixels high which obviously isn't practical so I have escalated.  Will keep this thread posted.
Joshua DavisJoshua Davis
Thanks, I have our expert web designer working on it.  LDS auto-generates your VF page into an iFrame.  Sadly, there is a little we can do with setting width & height in iFrames.  I'll post something here if we're able to figure it out as well.
Super PluckSuper Pluck
This is a Knonw Issue. Please, subscribe for further information: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000eV87AAE
bdvorachekbdvorachek
I've found a workaround. Since publisher actions use Canvas, you can resize the iframe from inside of your visualforce page by including publisher.js and calling Sfdc.canvas.publisher.resize. You'll also need to set html-style="height: 100%" on your Visualforce page. You may want to utilize {!$User.UITheme} to only do this resizing inside of Lightning experience.

Example Code:
<apex:page showHeader="false" sidebar="false" standardController="Lead" html-style="height: 100%"/>
  <script src="/canvas/sdk/js/publisher.js"/>

<script>
    Sfdc.canvas.publisher.resize( { height : "400px" } );
  </script>

</apex:page>

Minseok KangMinseok Kang
Thanks for the workaround.  Confirmed to be working by our developers.
ICSteveICSteve
Were you able to actually get this to work reliably? It works once for me until I refresh the page. For example I open lightning and navigate to a record with the action and it successfully resizes but when I then navigate to a second record the action does not resize. If I refresh the page the action will resize but if I navigate to a different record the same issue occurs.
kalai vanankalai vanan
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/super_badges/superbadge_lex  User-added imagei need this help what are the steps for lightning superbages ansers 2 level

kalai vanankalai vanan
any one answer me plz help me .... what are the steps followe.?User-added image
Pradeepkumar Dani 5Pradeepkumar Dani 5
I tried flexi component with lightning record page and it worked!!.

Reference:
http://pradeep-dani.blogspot.com/2017/06/create-wider-modal-pop-up-in-lightning.html