function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sajiv Kartha 3Sajiv Kartha 3 

The classic sidebar is not available in Lightning mode. Will it be available in the Spring 16 version?

I am new to Salesforce. One of the requirement by my client is to make all the items available on classic mode to be available on lightning mode as well.

Now, we have a sidebar that has links to the system.  This sidebar is not visible in the  lightning mode.  Will it be available for the Spring 16 release and if yes, any clues on how I can get it ?
pconpcon
No, the sidebar will not be available in the Lightning Experience and I doubt it ever will be.  Salesforce has done a completely new design with Lightning.  You will need to work with the client to figure out where they would like to place it.  Your best bet is probably a home page component, but it will not be available on every page like the current side bar is.
Thanks for the info.  The Home Page sidebar Layout in classic page had custom links that takes you to different pages within the application and those are conditional.  Like, some of the links will show for some profiles.  

Now, the client is fine if we can provide links on the home page or however.  Can that be accomplished ?

I thought of writing a custom object.  But I find that we need to create a record and the links will show in the detail page.  I tried creating a custom link in Account Page and it works by showing in the detail page.  However, what is required is just plain  links that should work for specific users and preferably on the home page..

Is this possible ?

I resolved it.  Got a component created, created some links in it.  The Component is added to the Menu.  The client is fine with this approach. However the links need to be shown specific to the user.  I am working on that
Nithya S 1Nithya S 1

Hi Sajiv,
We have a similar requirement where in the classic sidebar has a few links. I created a custom component with the URLs in it. But when I go onto the app builder, I cannot see the custom component. Can you please share the steps that you actually did to resolve this?

Thanks!

Joshua LenningJoshua Lenning
Sajiv Kartha 3 - Can you share your steps to put links in the Menu?
TM Developer AdminTM Developer Admin
@pcon, answer is outdated. You can use a Utility bar in a Lightning App, add a tab to the page, or using a Custom Button or Link and Global Publisher action (Quick Action) to create buttons visible across any/all or specific apps at all times. These are all replacements for the sidebar.