function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shawn BoksanShawn Boksan 

REALTIME UPDATES FROM CALL CENTER TO SFDC

Hello All,

We use a call center to call our leads when they are created in SFDC by Web To Lead or Manual Lead creation.

Our goal is to have an API built that will connect SFDC to the call center software that will post lead data in real time (SFDC to CALL CENTER) so the call center can call the leads as soon as they are posted in SFDC.  

We also need the API to post back to SFDC once the call center has updated the lead status/sub status as well as a few other fields (8-10 fields in total). We need this to happen in real time so our recruiters can start the process of recruiting for classes etc.

What is the best way to achive this functionality?

The call center has API capability to post/send data.

Thanks,
Shawn
ArmouryArmoury
This will give you some insight on this topic..

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/27398/what-is-the-best-approach-to-call-a-webservice-from-sfdc/27403#27403
ArmouryArmoury
Does the call center's API is compatabile with SFDC's WSDL? if yes then setting up the outbound messages would be quick and easy in SF.
Shawn BoksanShawn Boksan
How can I determine if the call center is compatible?  I gave them access to my instance of SFDC and they said it was "not an easy fix" and their solution would not require a SFDC login which I find laughable. They only logged in to my sandbox ONCE...  that was the day I set them up with access over 30 days ago. 

They claimed to have a certified SFDC developer contracted that is charging them $5000 to enable this functionality. 

Thanks

ArmouryArmoury
Only the call center technical folks will be able to tell you whether their system is compatible with SFDC or not.. Now lets look back at the requirement.

Req #1.- SFDC to Call Centre : As mentioned before, if the call centre's api is compatiable with SFDC (which means that if their system understands the data in the format which SFDC sends) then its quick to set up the outbound messages using workflow rules.. Its all point/click. Else there has to be some customization should be done on SFDC to send the data in the format which Call Centre accepts. And this requires a bit of work from someone who knows how to write custom webservices. 

Req #2. Call Centre to SFDC : From your requirement, I assume that this data is a seperate transaction from the Req #1 where the call centre folks works on the 'lead' data which came from SFDC and post it back. So for this again goes the same logic as before.. SFDC has a standard api webservices ((Enterprise WSDL) where the call centre can use that to send data from their end.. No work required from SFDC side but Call centre may have to do some change changes. Else custom webservices has to be written in SFDC for the data format which call centre sends.