function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ian Carswell 13Ian Carswell 13 

Error "returnFieldDataTypes invalid"creating new Force.com project

I have installed the Eclipse Kepler release on Windows 10. I get the following error when I try to create a new Force.com project.

Unable to fetch organization details for...

Element {urn:soap.sforce.com}returnFieldDataTypes invalid at this location

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Ian Carswell 13Ian Carswell 13
Here is the error log from Eclipse:
 WARN [2016-01-13 11:06:45,401] (BaseRetryAspect.java:isLoginExceptionRetryable:115) - Login evaluation deemed exception not retry-able:
 SoapFaultException: Element {urn:partner.soap.sforce.com}returnFieldDataTypes invalid at this location
 WARN [2016-01-13 11:06:45,504] (BaseRetryAspect.java:isConnectionExceptionRetryable:150) - Connection evaluation deemed exception not retry-able:
 SoapFaultException: Element {urn:partner.soap.sforce.com}returnFieldDataTypes invalid at this location
 WARN [2016-01-13 11:06:45,508] (ProjectController.java:getRemotePackageNames:930) - Unable to get project packages for project 'Ianc70 Dev Sandbox': Element {urn:partner.soap.sforce.com}returnFieldDataTypes invalid at this location
 WARN [2016-01-13 11:06:45,549] (ProjectOrganizationPage.java:prepareNextPage:278) - Unable to load org details - package names and component enablement
com.sforce.ws.SoapFaultException: Element {urn:partner.soap.sforce.com}returnFieldDataTypes invalid at this location
Royal Randolph IIIRoyal Randolph III
I am currently dealing with the same issue.  I have tried connecting to mutiple orgs and they both fail. 
DuckTrollerDuckTroller
Eclipse is tryng to use a too-new API.  See this thread: http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/105284/eclipse-project-properties-update-element-urnpartner-soap-sforce-comreturnf