function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MJ01MJ01 

Pass Parameter to Registration Handler

Hey,

i am currently working on community registration via Facebook.
From a VF-Page i call the following:

String ssoUrl = Auth.AuthConfiguration.getAuthProviderSsoUrl(communityBaseUrl, successRelay, authProviderDeveloperName);

The Registration Helper itself is doing what i should, but i have got a requirement that i can't get to work. A variable should be passed to the registration handler. The VF-Page holds a Boolean thats true or false depending on the users input on the Page. I need this variable inside the Registration Handler to assign it to a field of an object that is created within the Handler.

Something like this (within the Handler)  isn't working: 
OptIn = Boolean.valueOf(System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('OptIn'));

Is there any way or workaroung to get this working?

Thanks.
Mathias
pconpcon
Have you tried adding the parameter onto the communityBaseUrl or the successRelay URLs?  I'm not real familiar with this flow but it feels like that may do it for you.
MJ01MJ01
Hey pcon,

yes that is what i did, but i don't see a way to access either communityBaseUrl or successRelay-Url within the Facebook Registration Handler?
After successfull registration the user gets redirected to the community, and at this point i can access my parameter again - but again, then I don't have any information about the user that has been created (no Id etc.), since it is a different controller.
Apex - LearnerApex - Learner
Hi MJ01, I goy myself in similar situation, did you find any solution for this. Thanks