function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kaushikmewadakaushikmewada 

Setting up Lightning Connect

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
An external object with the API name Phone_Plan__x does not exist

I have validated and snyc the mobile device data source and due to that two external object Phone plan and Phones have been created with API name so any idea why I am getting this error.
Thanks
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
If you run the following query, does it return any records?

SELECT ID from Phone_Plan__x

Thanks
Jeff Douglas
Trailhead Developer Advocate
Paul Walker (Aus)Paul Walker (Aus)
Hi Jeff, if I don't change the object names after the validate and sync then the query returns a row. If I change the API name then it doesn't.
Rachel J DewRachel J Dew
I'm getting the same issue. But when I try to change the API name to match the instructions Phone_Plan__x, Salesforce gives me the following error 

Error: The Object Name field can only contain underscores and alphanumeric characters. It must be unique, begin with a letter, not include spaces, not end with an underscore, and not contain two consecutive underscores
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
Paul & Rachael,

After you sync the phones and phone_plans tables from the external data source the objects will be named phones__x and phone_plans__x. Go the the External objects for these two objects, edit each one and change the object name to Phone and Phone_Plan respectively. The '__x' is not entered as the platform appends that automatically.

HTH

Jeff Douglas
Rachel J DewRachel J Dew
Jeff, 

That was the trick! Thanks for the quick and helpful response! 

Rachel Dew

Paul Walker (Aus)Paul Walker (Aus)
Hi Jeff, I have tried that (repeatedly) and I'm still not passing the challenge or returning rows in SOQL. There must be some glitch at my end. I'm moving on... :-(
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
Paul, you may want to spin up a new developer org and try that. I just ran through the process and it work fine with a new org. Good luck!

Jeff Douglas