function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Administrator 97Administrator 97 

How to create a customized column for a report

Dear Salesforce Community,

I am currently working on a report and was wondering if there is a way where we could make a customized column for account numbers. For instance if one looks at the picture below I have the columns for the account name date modified etc.I would like to create a column for "Account Numbers" that corresponds to each account name. Request if you could pelase assist and advise.
 For each of the account names there is an account number affiliated.

Thank You.
Balaji BondarBalaji Bondar
Hi Administrator,

Reports are read only data in salesforce.You cannot create a column with input field.
If you have corrosponding data for each account record then you have create a new field/formula field on account which can be referred 
in the report.

Important :
If this is what you were looking for then please mark it as a "SOLUTION" or You can Click on the "Like" Button if this was beneficial for you.
ArmouryArmoury
I guess this is what you are looking for..?

1. Drag and drop the 'Account Number' field from the left pane to right.
2. Select the drop down arrow next to the 'Account Number' field and select 'Group By this Field'.

User-added image

3. After you run the report you can see the results are grouped by 'Account Number' like below.

User-added image

Administrator 97Administrator 97
I know how to add the field I need to know how to customize a field so that it is available on the left pane. Is there anyway you could help me with that?