function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pasi HakkarainenPasi Hakkarainen 

Cannot create Public Group

Hi!

we are small company and just started our first steps with Salesforce. I'd like to create public group and put all (yeah every three users) to that group. However as an admin I cannot see that option at setup-manage users? Is there a licensing situation or why that is not possible?

We have a cheapes Sales Cloud but I do not know is it SalesforceIQ Starter or Salesforce Prof? Does it make a difference?
Arun KumarArun Kumar

Hi Pasi,

Kindly check your Users permission, you must have Manage users.

And For public groups, from Setup, enter Public Groups in the Quick Find box, then select Public Groups.

Refer: https://help.salesforce.com/htviewhelpdoc?id=creating_and_editing_groups.htm&siteLang=en_US

Thanks,

Arun

Deepthi BDeepthi B
Hello Pasi,

Please go through some Public Group Considerations.
For organizations with a large number of users, consider these tips when creating public groups to optimize performance.Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, Developer, and Database.com Editions
  • Create a group when at least a few users need the same access.
  • Create a group for members who don’t need to frequently move in or out of the groups.
  • Avoid creating groups within groups that result in more than five levels of nesting.
  • Enable automatic access to records using role hierarchies for public groups by selecting Grant Access Using Hierarchieswhen creating the group. However, don’t use this option if you’re creating a public group with All Internal Users as members.
Hope this helps you!
Reagrds,
Deepthi
Hmm.. like I said... I have admin rights and when enter Public Groups Quick Find box it shows nothing...

If writing group it shows only chatter group

User-added image
Arun Goel... plz can you exactly tell me correct "route" for user permissions? Salesforce tells me that I am admin and I am unsure is that everything I needed?