function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Marco Ziccardi 6Marco Ziccardi 6 

Left hand nav and custom Visualforce tab

Hi,

Lightening Experience (Spring 16' release) will release the feature to customize the left hand menu with custom objects.
In my package i've created a Visualforce tab and I would like to include the tab automatically on the new lightning experienxe left hand nav menu on package installation.

Do you know if there is a way to do it or each user has to manually include the tab in his own left hand nav?
AshlekhAshlekh
Hi,

As per my understandng and analysis. you cann't customize the side bar in Lighting Exp.

-Thanks
Ashlekh Gera
Marco ZiccardiMarco Ziccardi

Hi Ashlekh,

Thanks for the reply, but actually you can from the 12th/13th of February since they are going to release (Spring '16) that new feature and it is also already available for developer instances. 

By the way the fact that you can't customize the tab at the moment, doesn't imply that you can't deep link to it.

AngrySlothAngrySloth
In Spring 16 you can set up Navigation menus based on the User's profile.  This is very simple in LEX:

click Settings ( cog in top right ), Setup Home, the in the menu on the right go to Apps > Navigation Menus.  Click the New button in the top right and follow the wizard.  You simply name the Navigation Menu, click next, drag and drop the Menu entries you would like from left to right and you can reorder the entries you dropped on the right, click next, drag and drop the profiles from left to right you would like to have this Navigation Menu and then click Save.  Have any users who are logged with the profiles you just selected refresh their Salesforce page and they will see the new Navigation Menu.