function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mike 317Mike 317 

The 'Phone__x' external object is not correctly setup with an indirect relationship to the User standard object.

Hey, 

I'm working on the "Integrating External Data" Trailhead and I'm running into this issue. I'm stumped because as far as I can tell, I have everything in correctly. Any ideas?

screen shot

Thanks. 

-Mike
Best Answer chosen by Mike 317
NiteshNitesh
I faced the same issue. Looks like the data at external source is changed. Try adding MDAwMDEyMzQ0Mg==  as  Phone_UUID__c value on User record. I was able to pass it then.

All Answers

Derhyk Doggett -Derhyk Doggett -
Hi Mike,
Can you give screenshots of the setups on the other objects to check.

Also, thank you for your kind words yesterday :)

-derhyk
Mike 317Mike 317
Sure thing @derhyk Doggett, 

I've cleared the first two steps without error, so i know the external object is right. 
User-added image

User-added image

Is there anything else that you'd want to see?

Thanks again. 

-Mike
Derhyk Doggett -Derhyk Doggett -

Hi Mike,
I can see you set the default value for 'Phone UUID' on the User object to be: 0000123442
I would try removing that and leaving blank (I don't see in the challenge that stated anywhere).
And then double check you have a a User setup in the org that has the value of 0000123442 for Phone UUID.

I don't see anything incorrect in the setup screenshots. The default value could be issue if its checking for nothing to be entered there.

-derhyk

Mike 317Mike 317
I took that out but there's still this error:
The 'Phone__x' external object is not correctly setup with an indirect relationship to the User standard object.

I've seen in some other threads that people have created new Dev Orgs and tried again. I'd like to avoid that if at all possible. I want to know why this isn't working, not that there is another org where it does work. 

Thanks again. 

-Mike
Prashanth KambalapallyPrashanth Kambalapally
I faced the same issue. Check field level security for the fields and enable them for all profiles. This should fix your problem.
Mike 317Mike 317
That was a good thought. The field accessability for the Phone__X object's UUID__C field was set to read only. I changed that to editable, but i'm still getting the error. 

-Mike
Prashanth KambalapallyPrashanth Kambalapally
Is the object 'Deployed'?
Mike 317Mike 317
Yes, the object is deployed. Also a really good thought. 

-Mike
NiteshNitesh
I faced the same issue. Looks like the data at external source is changed. Try adding MDAwMDEyMzQ0Mg==  as  Phone_UUID__c value on User record. I was able to pass it then.
This was selected as the best answer
Mike 317Mike 317
I added this as the value for Phone_UUID__c and it worked. I have no idea why or how, but thanks Nitesh!
NiteshNitesh

Glad it worked.

@Mike - User.Phone_UUID__c represents the value you see on Phone__x.uuid__c field. You should be able to see the list of records in external source database once you create a Tab for Phone__x. Any value in Phone__x.uuid__c field should work. 'MDAwMDEyMzQ0Mg==' is one of them and I believe 0000123442 no longer exists in the external database we are connecting to. 

James ConnorsJames Connors
Unfortunately, it's back to not working.  @Nitesh - the value you've been showing, is no longer part of the remote DB.  I'm getting super frustrated that I cannot move the challenge forward.  I've checked all the things that has been referenced here and checked that clicking through the phone__x.UUID url brings me to the user account configured.

Can someone from the Trailhead team please help?

The error that I'm getting is:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.ListException: List index out of bounds: 0
NiteshNitesh
@James. I retook the challenge and it passed without any changes. Though I receieve the same error as yours when I tried yesterday after your post..crazy things.
Could you try again now. Also, this is the third time I noticed that data is being changed at remote db so make sure when you click on phone__x.UUID value - it re-directs you to the user account configured.
Alexei PeshkovAlexei Peshkov
I was getting the same error message. I added Phone UUID0000123442 to my user profile (as it says in step 4 of the challenge) and that fixed the problem! 
Pablo CabornoPablo Caborno
Adding Phone UUID0000123442 to my user settings worked for me too!
kristian fraser 8kristian fraser 8
@Pablo Caborno
Where/how did you add UUID0000123442, i have tried adding it as the defult value on the Phone UUID User Custom Field but it errors out for me?

Pablo CabornoPablo Caborno
Quick Find -> Users -> Edit your user´s Phone
Deep Sanghani 4Deep Sanghani 4
I faced the same issue, the problem was I entered the wrong vale in field  Phone UUID, just corrected it to 0000123442 and wohoo got a new shinny batch.
kristian fraser 8kristian fraser 8
@ Pablo Caborno

Thanks, i was playing around with the dufult input on the field itself and should have added it to a user. thanks for your reply.
Francesco Dominoni 10Francesco Dominoni 10
After having processed all the steps
You need to paste 
in your Trailhead ORG
User Standard Object
Field: Phone 
Section: Additional Information
And it will work!
Lokesh MadabathulaLokesh Madabathula
even I am also having same error although provided 0000123442. any fix pls?
Ayan guptaAyan gupta
I have tried all above refrences but still same error is coming
-Ayan