function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chris BenenatiChris Benenati 

Eclipse IDE search results no longer a tree

When using the global search (Ctrl-H) feature of Eclipse, search results used to be reported in a tree format (one folder for each class of objects with one or more matches, similar to the subfolders of the src/ folder in the Package Explorer).

For some reason this no longer happens in my installation of Eclipse.  Instead each file is listed individually, sorted by file name (so different types of components are interspersed).

I have no idea what caused this change.  Anybody know how I can get back to the tree format of output?  I am running v35 of the force.com plugin on the Kepler release of Eclipse.
Best Answer chosen by Chris Benenati
I created a new workspace and imported my old projects into it, and everything is fine.  Apparently my .metadata got screwed up in the old workspace

All Answers

ProlayProlay
To restore a perspective to its original layout:

1. Open the General > Perspectives preference page.

2. From the Available perspectives list, select the perspective you want to restore.
3. Click Reset.
4. Click OK.
That wouldn't explain how the search results formats got changed in the first place.  But it doesn't do any good anyway.  My search results still look like this:

User-added image
I created a new workspace and imported my old projects into it, and everything is fine.  Apparently my .metadata got screwed up in the old workspace
This was selected as the best answer