function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andres GuzmanAndres Guzman 

Not able to complete the Salesforce1 Mobile Basics trailhead

Hello,

I am not able to complete the last 2 challenges for this section. I get the below message even though the Global Action is created:

Error Message

Global action:

Detail

What should I do different? Same goes for the last unit of this module: Creating Object-Specific Quick Actions

Thanks!!!
Vivek DVivek D
Make sure you added the quick action into your global publisher layout. You will fine that under Create - Global Action - Publisher Layout. Add the action into quick action section.
Hello Vivek,

Yes it has been added also:

User-added image
NOTE: Just installed the Salesforce1 on my Android and the quick action I created is not replicating on the app.
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Please check below post with screen shot.
1) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BT2gIAG
2) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BPm4IAG

According to task you need to do below
Step 1 :- Create a new global publisher action labeled 'New Detailed Account' to create an Account record.
Setup-> Global Action -> Action

Step 2:- "Add the Account Name, Type, Rating and Fax fields to the compact layout."
After same page layout will open. You need to add all below 4 field on page and save

Step 3:- Add the new publisher action to the global publisher layout.
Setup -> Global Action -> Publisher layout and then add new action on page layout

Step 4:- Set the predefined value of the 'Type' field to 'Prospect'.
Setup->Account-> Field-> Then Select Type field--> Then click on Edit in front of Prospect and click on default check box.
You can under "Predefined Field Values" or set the field type field as defualt Prospect on object

Goto Setup > Build > Global Actions > Actions and click the Label for the New Detailed Account Action you created
Click the New button in the lower Predfined Field Values section.  You can add the value there.

Let us know if this will help you

Please check below post for similer issue
1) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BPm4IAG

Please let us know if this will help you

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary
Thanks Amit it was the record type that was affecting the completion. But now I am having the same problem with the next unit in the same module: Creating Object Specific Quick Action. I have tried everything but it does not seem to work. Note: I have deleted the action to create a new one while I was trying again but it does not fully delete. It still appears on the page layout and when I go and create a new one, I see 2 actions with the same name on the page layout. When I check the Global Actions section there is only one. Why can this be?

Thanks!