function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Richard Burke 11Richard Burke 11 

Delete Notes

Hello.

Sorry for the noobie question. Having serious trouble trying to get some help. The 'contact us' page just redirects to the 'help launch page' on multiple platforms.

Anyways I need support. I need to delete all notes from my account as I just starting to use the developer edition but somehow over 2500 'notes' have been created and take up all of the 5mb storage. I didn't create the notes, and I am not sure where they came from. I did install some apps but I don't think they can create notes without my knowledge. It is not possible to delete through the data loader or by any other means I have seen or at least nothing has worked. Also I am unable to install any app from marketplace to do the job since I don't have any storage. What can I do? 

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks:)
Best Answer chosen by Richard Burke 11
Srinivas SSrinivas S
1. Open Data Loader > Select Export > check for show all  salesforce objects > select 'Notes' > export into an excel file by choosing id field.
2. Open Data Loader > Select Delete > check for show all  salesforce objects >select 'Notes'> browse for the file exported in previous step and perform the delete operation.

You should be able to delete the records.

Thanks,
Srinivas
- Please mark as solution if your problem is resolved.

All Answers

Srinivas SSrinivas S
1. Open Data Loader > Select Export > check for show all  salesforce objects > select 'Notes' > export into an excel file by choosing id field.
2. Open Data Loader > Select Delete > check for show all  salesforce objects >select 'Notes'> browse for the file exported in previous step and perform the delete operation.

You should be able to delete the records.

Thanks,
Srinivas
- Please mark as solution if your problem is resolved.
This was selected as the best answer
Richard Burke 11Richard Burke 11
Champ. Thanks so much!