function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
prati@salesforceprati@salesforce 

Salesforce admin 201 certification and platform developer 1

Hi.. I am planning to take 201 admin and platform developer 1 or dev 401 within a month or 2. Can you please suggest me some nice free resources on both of these certifications?  Also to be a good salesforce developer, which one is more important ceritfication to take from job point of view as a devloper?
Bryan JamesBryan James
Hi prati,
Choosing the right certification can be challenging. Of course we all want to take as many as possible, but time to study, family, and of course funding can definatly slow some of us down. Some things I would consider when taking your first exam is whether or not you will be, or already are, handling the job of both developer and admin, or just as a developer. If you are acting in a duel role I would suggest taking the admin exam. Otherwise go for developer. That all being said when it came time for me to study for exams I found that working through not only the trails on Trailhead, as well as the help and learning section of your Salesforce org can get you almost the whole way there. Sometimes though you just need to do some pretests in order to feel confident for that I would just google Salesforce practice exams. Loads of people have developed utilities to help get you to a point where you feel ready and confident. Good luck!
Thank you Bryan for this information. So is going through traailhead is enough for both the certifications or do you recommend any other resources?
Bryan JamesBryan James
I definiatly recommend watching the videos in the help and training section. Simply click help in the top right corner of your org and it should direct you there.
Also the flash cards that have helped me in the past are located on the cram.com website. Trailhead is really useful to practice what you learn. 
Thanks a lot!
Anshul BagdiyaAnshul Bagdiya
Do you know where can I get the flashcards for Admin and Developer exams ???

Hi ....You can get flashcards at cram.com . Here is the link. http://www.cram.com/flashcards/salesforce-5875876
  Thanks