function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Srinivas AnnamSrinivas Annam 

In pageblock can i load 50000 records.

in visual force pageblock can i load 50000 records and can i edit the records?
Best Answer chosen by Srinivas Annam
Bryan JamesBryan James
Dutta is correct. As long as you are using standard visualforce with a readonly="false" it is limited to just under 1000 records. With readonly="true" you can display up to 10000, but you can't write to those records. However I know from personal experience that if you make your call outs ansynchronously and do a little bit of apex and javascript programming you can return over 130,000  records and then update them. Granted it wont be as easy as just displaying the records in a pageblockTable or in a repeat tag.

All Answers

Bryan JamesBryan James
Not in a pageBlockTable but you might be able to using a repeat tag. In order to pull that many records however you may have to set read only in the apex:page tag to read only in which case you will not be able to edit the records if you do. Heads up though, you may run in to heapsize and cpu timeout issues do to any logic being performed on the records.
Dutta SouravDutta Sourav
No Srinivas. Only 999 records can be loaded & 1 row for the header.
Bryan JamesBryan James
Dutta is correct. As long as you are using standard visualforce with a readonly="false" it is limited to just under 1000 records. With readonly="true" you can display up to 10000, but you can't write to those records. However I know from personal experience that if you make your call outs ansynchronously and do a little bit of apex and javascript programming you can return over 130,000  records and then update them. Granted it wont be as easy as just displaying the records in a pageblockTable or in a repeat tag.
This was selected as the best answer