function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Will Crowley 6Will Crowley 6 

Report Grouping Based on Current Status and History of Status

I am trying to create a report that puts Opportunities into specific groups based on their current status and whether it has ever been in that status. For example, I want to have groupings of "New Deal", "Resurfaced Deal", "Dropped Deal", and "Terminated".  

New Deals would be in a status of "Contract Received" and have never been in "Contract Received".  Resurfaced Deals would be in a status of "Contract Received" and have been in a status of "Contract Received".  Dropped Deals would have been in the status of "Contract Received" but now are in any status other than "Terminated' or "Contract Received".

I've got a field added to capture what group I want them to show up in but I'm struggling with how to build the logic to set the status based on field history of the Status field.  
ManojSankaranManojSankaran
Hi Will,

Attaching the screen from the report that i have created.
You can create an opportunity history report and group by opportunity name.
add a fielter criteria which you doesnt require to count.

User-added image
Will Crowley 6Will Crowley 6
ManojSankaran, 

Thank you for the response but there are two issues I'm still having.  That doesn't allow me to capture whether a deal was ever in certain status.  For example,  New Deal & Resurfaced Deal both have the same logical criteria (they're both in the same current status of "Contract Received" except Resurfaced Deal has been in that status at least once before in the History.

The second issue is something I should have said in the original request - we're actually using a custom object called "Deals", not Opportunities and when I created a "Deal History" report there is no way to filter by "Old Value" and "New Value".  Do you know how those "From Stage" and "To Stage" fields are constructed on the standard Opportunities object?  They don't show up in the field list.