function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bhavneesh SalujaBhavneesh Saluja 

Urgent: Attachment File related issue for Custom Object.

We are trying to attach the files to Record of Custom Object. The files are attached using code and not UI. CWant to know if the limit of 25 MB file size applies to One record of Object or Limit is on single file attached to record. How many files we can attach to Single record within Salesforce and what should be total size. 
For E.g. I want to attach 10 files of 10 MB each to Single record of custom object. Can anyone confirm if that is possible.  

Best Answer chosen by Bhavneesh Saluja
UC InnovationUC Innovation
The 25 MB file size limit applies to a single file attached to the record.  Thus, in your case, you can attach 10 files of 10 MB each to a single record.

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Bhavneesh Saluja,

The size limit for an attached file is 25 MB when attached directly to the related list.

But the size limit for multiple files attached to the same email is 25 MB, with a maximum size of 5 MB per file.

One option is to utilize either Chatter or Content to attach the files, as they allow files up to 100MB. There's not a setting in the app to increase this 5MB limit, and I believe it may set system wide. You could file a case with Support to see if they can increase it, but if they can't, there's not much you can do about it other than use Chatter or Content.

In addition to the above discussion , I want  to bring few points to your notice:

With Chatter files you will be able to upload files upto 2 GB but you can't be able to associate that file with a particular SObject Record.

In order to do so you need to use 3rd party storage server for saving the file.Also you need to use some server level language (such as java,.net,python etc)and make the handler class(for handling the request from salesforce) as a web hook for uploading the file to storage server and hit your request to that hook from salesforce (vf page i.e using  httpcallouts for making request to external server or using browser based post request) for uploading/downloading request.

Please mark this as the best answer if it helps you.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P
UC InnovationUC Innovation
The 25 MB file size limit applies to a single file attached to the record.  Thus, in your case, you can attach 10 files of 10 MB each to a single record.
This was selected as the best answer
Bhavneesh SalujaBhavneesh Saluja
Thanks for the reply Ken. It worked for me. Did a small POC and it works for.. !!!! 

Cheers
Bhavneesh