function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Claire JonesClaire Jones 

Superbadge - Reports & Dashboards: Challenge 2 Sales Reps dashboard - respecting record level security

The instructions for the Sales Reps dashboard state: " Contains the same elements as the Sales Manager dashboard, but respects record level security by displaying only the data that the user has permission to view."

I believe the way to do that is by changing the 'View dashboard as' drop down to 'Run as logged-in user'.
However, when I do this, I cannot save the dashboard in 'My Personal Dashboards' folder, as instructed by the Pre-work and Notes last bullet: "During the course of this superbadge you'll be asked to move your reports and dashboards to specific folders and set folder security. Until that time store your reports and dashboards in your personal custom report and dashboard folders."

What should I do so that I can fulfil the requirement and check Challenge 2?
Parker EdelmannParker Edelmann
Hello Claire,

First of all, in my opinion, that wasn't very smart on Team Trailhead's part to say that if you can't store Dynamic Dashboards in your Personal Dashboard Folder. Anyways, you can create a Dashboard Folder now, entitled "General Dashboards", and set up the security later. Unfortunately, I don't know if the challenge checks which folder the Reports and Dashboards are in. My guess is that it doesn't, but if you want to be sure, you can post to the Success Community group "Trailhead" and ask the same question. https://success.salesforce.com/_ui/core/chatter/groups/GroupProfilePage?g=0F9300000009Nek Here, you're much more likely to catch the attention of #TeamTrailhead.

Thanks,
Parker
Claire JonesClaire Jones
Thanks Parker. I will ask in the Success Community Group.
Ken StantonKen Stanton
Parker's suggestion worked for me.
Rajkumar SRajkumar S
Thanks Parker. It is working. You have to create a seperate Dashboard folder and clone the existing sales Manager dashboard in it.