function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Angela Furneaux 2Angela Furneaux 2 

Getting started with the Platform - 1st challenge linking Developer Edition to Admin Edition

On this challenge I have followed the link which brings me to the standard SFDC login page. I login but then get a message Houston we have a problem
You need a Developer Edition org to complete hands on challenges. You're seeing this message because you're probably trying to connect to a production org instead.
Login with Developer Edition

I clik on the link Login with Developer Edition and I get back to the main SFDC login page. My username and password are remember so I login and get and get this Houston we have a problem message.

I know my Admin and Developer account are linked as the points I have been awareded for both modules are showing in my profile.

I am going around this login - Houston I have a problem loop.

Can someone assist
Becka DBecka D
Hi Angela!

One trick that I have found when caught in a login loop is to use a different browser (or an incognito window if you are using Chrome). It could be that the credentials that your browser uses to auto-populate are your production credentials and not your Developer org credentials and so you get stuck being forced into your production org over and over again.

Also, if you haven't done any Trailhead challenges yet, I would recommend a brand new developer org instead of your personal/other development org, just to make sure none of your personal development work gets it's wires crossed with Trailhead challenges.

I hope that helps!!