function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chris RobisonChris Robison 

How can I edit a custom object I created? (Cannot find it?)

I have created a custom object as well as a tab for the custom object.  I can easily pull up the custom object to view it, however, I need to add a lookup field to the custom object and when I go into Setup-> Build-> Customize......my custom object is not visible in this section.  So, I can pull up the custom object on the tab to view, but I cannot figure out how to edit the page layout on it, or create a new lookup field on it when logged in as a System Administrator.
Best Answer chosen by Chris Robison
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Chris Robison,

If you get into Setup==>Build==>Customize you have only the information pertaining to the standard objects in salesforce.

If you create a custom object and want to create a lookup field on the respective object please follow the below navigation.

Setup==>Build==>Create==>Objects==>Click on your custom object==>Come into the column of custom fields and relationships==>Click on New==>Select lookup Relationship as the field datatype.

For your reference please find the below screen shots

User-added image
User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

If you want to edit your custom object click on edit button on the edit button of the custom object definition detail page.

Please mark my solution as the best answer if it helps you.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Chris Robison,

If you get into Setup==>Build==>Customize you have only the information pertaining to the standard objects in salesforce.

If you create a custom object and want to create a lookup field on the respective object please follow the below navigation.

Setup==>Build==>Create==>Objects==>Click on your custom object==>Come into the column of custom fields and relationships==>Click on New==>Select lookup Relationship as the field datatype.

For your reference please find the below screen shots

User-added image
User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

If you want to edit your custom object click on edit button on the edit button of the custom object definition detail page.

Please mark my solution as the best answer if it helps you.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P
This was selected as the best answer
Sachin Chaudhary 15Sachin Chaudhary 15
Hi Chrls,

You need to go by this way:
Setup-->Create-->Object. Here you can see the object you have created.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,
Sachin
Ishwar ShindeIshwar Shinde
Hi,

If you have created a cuatom object then it should be visible in Setup --> Search for Objects.

please cross check whether you have created custom object or custom setting. For Custom setting, please search custom setting in setup sidebar.

Please check this link to understand the custom object and fieod craetion in Salesforce - https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/en/data_modeling/creating_custom_objects_fields