function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mike Flood 18Mike Flood 18 

Cannot Drag Salesforce1 Quick Actions to Object's Layout

In the trailhead "Creating Object-Specific Quick Actions" section, "Add an Action to an Object’s Page Layout" paragraph, I creat a Quick Action to creat a Contact from the Account Object.  However, when I edit the object and try to move it to the Account layout from the Salesforce1 Actions Palette to either of the "Quick Actions in the Salesforce Classic Publisher" or the "Salesforce1 and Lightning Experience Actions" it will not move. 

I can move it from the Quick Actions palette to the "Quick Actions in the Salesforce Classic Publisher". 

These are the instructions I'm following:

4. Click the Salesforce1 Actions category in the palette.
On object page layouts, the Salesforce1 Actions category contains all available types of actions for the object, including quick actions, productivity actions, and standard and custom buttons.

5. Drag some actions from the palette into the Salesforce1 and Lightning Experience Actions section.

They just don't work.  :-(

Mike

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Mike,

It works in this way.

when you drag something from 
Quick Actions in the Salesforce Classic Publisher

to the palette or vice versa you can see those fields on the palette under quick actions .(click quick actions on the left side of the palette and you can see the dragged fields)

When you drag something from
Salesforce1 and Lightning Experience Actions

to the palette or vice versa you can see those fields on the palette under Salesforce1 actions .(click salesforce1 actions on the left side of the palette and you can see the dragged fields).

when you drag something
from the edit of the object

to the palette you can see those fields on the palette under fields(click field on the left side of the palette you can see the dragged fields)

Hope this helps you!

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

Thanks for your response Sandhya.

The way you explain it is the way I figured it would work.  However, it doesn't.   More specifically:

When I'm on theObject's Page Layout:

When I drag someting from the Salesforce1 Actions palette to the Highlights Panel:
  • it will not stay in the Quick Actions in the Salesforce Classic Publisher
  • It will not stay in the Salesforce1 and Lightning Experience Actions
When I drag someting from the Quick Actions palette to the Highlights Panel:
  • it will stay in the Quick Actions in the Salesforce Classic Publisher
  • It will not stay in the Salesforce1 and Lightning Experience Actions

There is an earlier reference in the section that says:

"If you haven’t customized the Salesforce1 and Lightning Experience Actions section of the page layout yet, click override the predefined actions."

For the life of me, I can't find the "override the predefined actions" button anywhere.  Does this have any bearing?

Mike

Incidently, this is all within a development environment.

mf
Not clicking the "override the predefined actions" link (not a button) was the problem.  Trailhead is a great tool but there are many places where references are not specific and I fine it wastes a lot of my time.

Thanks again.

Mike
Annemarie Strand 1Annemarie Strand 1
Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem. I cannot find the "override the predefined actions" link either. Can you direct me to where this might be? 

Annemarie 
Alex EdelsteinAlex Edelstein
Annemarie, look here: https://www.screencast.com/t/5kiZFGTA
VishnuKVishnuK
Hello, I am also experiencing the same problem. did anyone manage to get away from this?
Nicholas ZozayaNicholas Zozaya
Make sure you're dragging actions from Salesforce1 & Lightning Actions not Quick Actions.
Fang Liu 19Fang Liu 19
I'm experiencing the same problem as well. I don't see the option "Salesforce1 & Lightning Actions" at all. Would greatly appreciate a solution.
Jake Rasmussen 1Jake Rasmussen 1

I also can't get the quick action i created to actually show on the layout.  

Overrode the predefined actions for lightning components and still isn't showing after dragging it down into the lightning component.  

Spent a lot of time trying to figure this out but the lightning page layout editor is cheeks and needs a lot more work.

Bharath IntiBharath Inti
All the custom quick actions can be added to the page layout from "Mobile and Lightning Actions" section, not from the quick actions tab.

User-added image
Terry UlanchTerry Ulanch
There are 2 types of actions,  (Left Column in Pallet)   "Quick Actions" and "Mobile & Lightning".   

ONLY "Quick Actions" items can be dragged into the "Quick Actions in the Salesforce Classic Publisher" section.   

ONLY "Mobile & Lightning" items can dragged into the "Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions" section. 

Futhermore  if you have not altered/updated the "Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions" section before, that section contains a simple word link (once you click it it goes away).  I belive it had the following hover-over-text "If you haven’t customized the Salesforce1 and Lightning Experience Actions section of the page layout yet, click override the predefined actions."   Click that link.  After doing so you can drag "Quick Contact"  into the section.