function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nadia Hsu 6Nadia Hsu 6 

Visual Workflow Challenge in "Process Automation" - completely stuck on "Opportunity Stage" field creation.

It would be amazing is somebody walked me through the steps for CORRECTLY creating the required "Opportunity Stage" field. I've tried all the available combinations of choices for creating it and every time I run the flow to test it I get this error message:

" An error occurred at element Opportunity (FlowRecordCreate).
INSERT --- INSERT FAILED --- ERRORS : (REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING) Required fields are missing: [StageName]

RECORD CREATE: Opportunity
Create one Opportunity record where:
Amount = {!Opportunity_Amount} ($900)
CloseDate = {!ClosingDate} (September 7, 2016)
Name = {!OpportunityName1} (SarahDay-Day)
StageName = {!Opportunity_Stage} (null)
Result
Failed to create record."
Best Answer chosen by Nadia Hsu 6
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Nadia,

For opportunity screen, you need to set the stage as prospecting by default as said in a challenge.

see screenshot 5 below for that.

Below are the screenshots for this challenge please refer and check if you have done the same thing.

ScreenShot 1

User-added image
ScreenShot 2

User-added image

ScreenShot 3

User-added image

ScreenShot 4

User-added image

ScreenShot 5

User-added image

Hope this helps you!

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

All Answers

FearNoneFearNone
Try to open the opportunities Tab and create New item.
What do you see in the Stage-field?
User-added image

Now, try to set the stage-field like Stage='Closed Won' or something like that...

cheers!
Rita LeverettRita Leverett
Hi Nadia,

The StageName should be (Prospecting) not (null). Maybe you didn't make a selection from the Value box.
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Nadia,

For opportunity screen, you need to set the stage as prospecting by default as said in a challenge.

see screenshot 5 below for that.

Below are the screenshots for this challenge please refer and check if you have done the same thing.

ScreenShot 1

User-added image
ScreenShot 2

User-added image

ScreenShot 3

User-added image

ScreenShot 4

User-added image

ScreenShot 5

User-added image

Hope this helps you!

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

This was selected as the best answer
Nadia Hsu 6Nadia Hsu 6
Update. I'v ebeen working on it for two days and have tried every which way possible to make it run. I create a screen, then add action to create an account and an action to create a contact. All this works fine when I run it, but when I add an action to create an opportunity it all fails. I keep getting the same error message and I don't know why it's not working. 
Nadia Hsu 6Nadia Hsu 6
The error message I'm getting is this: "Error Occurred: INSERT --- INSERT FAILED --- ERRORS : (FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION) Account ID: id value of incorrect type: 0036100000lH1BrAAK" 

0036100000lH1BrAAK is a Contact ID, which is why you are getting an "Account ID: id value of incorrect type" error. an Account ID would begin with 001.
Nadia Hsu 6Nadia Hsu 6
Thank you, Rita!

I used your solution for the stage picklist and it worked.

I just figured out that I was getting the error message because I'd put AccountId in the "Variable" field on the contact (action before opprtunity).

The other thing that might be helpful to someone is that for the "Close Date" I used this formula (found on message boards) -- {!$Flow.CurrentDate} + 30 and the flow didn't work. The formula that does work is this one: {!TODAY()+30}. 

Nadia, I'm glad I could help.