function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SoleesSolees 

Single Sign On (SSO SAML) wierd behavior

Hello friends,
can anyone help us understand this "wierd" behavior from the SSO SAML2 we have implemented in a company.  

Steps for error:
1. User enters "My Domain" in chrome URL.
2. Automatically redirects to their Company ADFS log in page.
3. Writes down username and password correctly.
4. Redirection to Salesforce shows error of SSO.
5. If I look inside Salesforce in "Login History" page, there is no track of this attemp at all.

Steps for success:
1. User enters AFDS log in page.
2. Writes down username and password correctly.
3. User enters "My Domain" in chrome URL.
4. Successfully logs in to Salesforce.
5. If I look inside Salesforce in "Login History", there is track of this attemp.

What could be wrong in the AFDS?
Or in Salesforce?
Best Answer chosen by Solees
SoleesSolees
So this was my solution:

Import the "FederationMetadata.xml" file exactly as the other company is sharing it with you.  I was creating the SSO SAML2 manually and uploading the wrong certificate because it the begining I did not get the "FederationMetadata.xml" , so ask for it !!!

All Answers

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Please refer below link which has best practices for Single Sign On (SSO SAML) You may find some information.

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=sso_tips.htm&language=en_US

If you are still not able to resolve, you can contact Salesforce people to know about it.Please refer below links for contact numbers.

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewSolution?id=000001000&language=en_US

Hope this helps you!

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

SoleesSolees
So this was my solution:

Import the "FederationMetadata.xml" file exactly as the other company is sharing it with you.  I was creating the SSO SAML2 manually and uploading the wrong certificate because it the begining I did not get the "FederationMetadata.xml" , so ask for it !!!
This was selected as the best answer