function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tejal Rathod 29Tejal Rathod 29 

How can i Extend the functionality of already existing page ?

Hello Experts,I am neew to the coding part..I am salesforce admin but recently need to learn coding...
So can someone please explain me that if one page is already existing ,Like account obj page layout..and i do want to extend the features ,and i want to do that by coding ..how can i synchronize this both by showing one single page having all the functionality?
Do I have to create 2 differant page for it like classic and VF page seperately..

What i understood my self is i can use the Page layout code in Eclipse IDe. and i can do all the extra coding needed and test it out nd then i can be done with my needs?
Is that the way ..
Or there is any other way i can add some link or some button or some other navicational controller i can add and i can do..Please tell me what is good solution.
Thank you.
Tejal.
snehal surti 3snehal surti 3
It will be best to start with trailhead for VF page. You can modify standard page layout with VF by embeding VF in certain areas or you can embed charts in it. Your standard page layout will be seperate and you will add new VF page to it. Something like on contact yoou want to implement search function on custom object A which is related to contact then you can embed VF page on standard page for displaying search button and then result of search within standard page layout.

https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/en/module/visualforce_fundamentals