function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael Baumgarten 11Michael Baumgarten 11 

Failed APEX Jobs due to Inactive User

We recently inactivated the previous system admin but am now noticing some APEX Jobs that are failing. They are all related to managed packages for the NPSP. How can I replace his name with mine so the jobs continue to run as would rather not keep is ID active. 
snehal surti 3snehal surti 3
have you checked setup --> All scheduled jobs? You can delete try to delete scheduling from there and then create new schedule from setup --> apex classes (There is button to select schedule class) and select run as userd id different one.
many thanks...to clarify I should be able delete a Scheduled Job even though the job is from a managed package and then create a new one. Why is it when I go to APEX Classes I do not see any that reflect the ones that are running. Is that because they go by a different name? For example, an APEX class that is failing is called BATCH_OppRollup but when i go to APEX classes none of them resemble anything to do with this name as they all have to do with Controller 'stuff'. Would an APEX job be baked into one of them even though they seem unrelated? Lastly, when one ceates a new APEX class is it the 'Submitted By' that is acting as the running user?  thanks again 
snehal surti 3snehal surti 3
First step did you see the managed package job under setup --> All scheduled jobs? The job runs by the name whoever submitted the job scheduling. Under apex classes you can only schedule the jobs but you wont be able to see the jobs which are already scheduled. You should always create seperate batch user to run the batch jobs and not to use the real users.
ok, i think i got it. Thanks again
Actually, you seem knowledgeable. Do you know if there is anyway to identify the last time a trigger/Apex trigger fired? We have so much code in my org that I do not know what is being used. Any suggestions?
Er. Prashant Veer SinghEr. Prashant Veer Singh
Hello everyone, 

There is an idea available on an Idea Exchange:

https://trailblazer.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000Dhq5AAC

You can vote for this.

Please, hit like button and if you need more explaination/help email me at globalsfdcprofessionals18@gmail.com

thanks