function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vinay BandaVinay Banda 

API Name

Hi buddies..
  I just created one workflow action and deleted. Now when I am trying to crete with same name it is not allowing and getting below error.  I am aware the i can change the name of action but how to overcome this issue of re using the name of deleted action and from where this is still referening. Can some help on this. :)

Error: This Unique Name already exists or has been previously used. Please choose a different name.
Nirdesh_BhattNirdesh_Bhatt
Hi Vinay,
I thought I had deleted the old task when I removed it from the Workflow Rule so didn't understand why it said the name was in use. However, it turns out it hadn't been completely deleted as a task so that was holding me up. 

Try Setup>Workflow & Approvals>Tasks and it should list All Tasks. I was able to find the old one, delete it permanently, and then create and save the new task seeing as the name no longer officially existed. Problem solved and Challenge passed!

If you navigate to setup -> create -> workflow & approvals -> field updates do you see any field updates there?

Hope this was helpful, good luck!

Thanks, 
Nirdesh. 
Vinay BandaVinay Banda
Hi Nirdesh,
 I am sure i deleted 'Immediate Workflow Actions'. Now i verified there is no more. But still am geting this error.

and to avoid issue, I created new work flow rule with new Immediate Workflow Actions. I am still facing issue.

Thanks for ur reply.

Regards,
Vinay .
GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi Vinay,

The deleted Workflow still remains in Recycle bin for 45 days. 

Please remove or delete all recycle bin and try again.

Recycle bin will be available at the bottom of your left hand menu @home page.

Thanks,
Gaurav
Vinay BandaVinay Banda
Hi Gaurav. Still not working. I guess once created and saved, though we remove that item in salesforce API names still store some where.

Thanks.
Nirdesh_BhattNirdesh_Bhatt
Hi Vinay,
Please add a Comment in below link or like this post its IdeaExchange its "UNDER POINT THRESHOLD"
http://success.sfdc.cdnetworks.com/apex/ideaView?id=08730000000XvT6AAK

Thanks,
Nirdesh.