function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Glenn Nyhan 54Glenn Nyhan 54 

Partner Community User Licenses Not Showing Up In User License List

We are building a community site and just purchased 4 Partner Community User licenses. I am trying to set up a new user but don't see the Partner Community License showing up in the User License drop down, nor do I see the Profile I created and to which the License is attached. Not sure why this is happening, does anyone have any ideas? 
Best Answer chosen by Glenn Nyhan 54
Rakesh51Rakesh51
You can't create Partner User directly from the setup. Follow the below instructions to create a partner user

To create a partner user:
1) View the partner account for which you want to create a partner user.
2) Create a new contact for the partner user. Choose New from the Contacts related list. Fill in the appropriate details, and click Save.
3) On the contact detail page, click Manage External User and choose Enable Partner User.
4) Edit the user record for this partner.
5) Click Save.

All Answers

Rakesh51Rakesh51
You can't create Partner User directly from the setup. Follow the below instructions to create a partner user

To create a partner user:
1) View the partner account for which you want to create a partner user.
2) Create a new contact for the partner user. Choose New from the Contacts related list. Fill in the appropriate details, and click Save.
3) On the contact detail page, click Manage External User and choose Enable Partner User.
4) Edit the user record for this partner.
5) Click Save.
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks! Should I Activate the community before I do this?
I've followed your instructions, thanks for the help. But I have run into a problem, after creating the contact on the partner account page, I go to the Contact detail but can't find Manage External User, is it a button or link? 
Rakesh51Rakesh51
Have you enable community ?
Yes, thank you, I was finally able to get it set up. There is one problem I noticed. I am using Salesforce Tabs + Visualforce communities template. I noticed in the Activity History related list the is only the Log a Call button, and no Mail Merge, Send an Email, Request Update, View All buttons. How are our reps suppose to send email? Is there a way to add the Send an Email, or are email templates created and sent differently.