function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Taylor Johnson 32Taylor Johnson 32 

How to Repair MS Access error 6054

While working everytime I am getting the runtime error 6054 and whenever I get this error my PC  frequently crashes, this is really very annoying situation.. Please help me to fix the problem...
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Taylor,

First and foremost sincerely regret for the inconvenience and delayed reply.

Please find the information below for your concern.

Error Number:     Error 6054
Error Name:        Access Error 6054
Error Description:Error 6054: Microsoft Access has encountered a problem                               and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Developer:          Microsoft Corporation
Software:            Microsoft Access
Applies to:          Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8

Symptoms of Error 6054:
  • "Error 6054" appears and crashes the active program window.
  • Your PC frequently crashes with Error 6054 when running the same program.
  • “Access Error 6054” is displayed.
  • Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
  • Your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
These 6054 error messages can appear during program installation, while a Microsoft Corporation-related software program (eg. Microsoft Access) is running, during Windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping track of when and where your 6054 error occurs is a critical piece of information in troubleshooting the problem.

Causes of Error 6054:
  • Corrupt download or incomplete installation of Microsoft Access software.
  • Corruption in Windows registry from a recent Microsoft Access-related software change (install or uninstall).
  • Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Microsoft Access-related program files.
  • Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted Microsoft Access-related files.
Runtime Errors such as “Error 6054” can be caused by a variety of factors, so it is important that you troubleshoot each of the possible causes to prevent it from recurring.

How To Fix Microsoft Access Error 6054:

Below is a list of troubleshooting steps to resolve your Error 6054 problems. These troubleshooting steps get progressively more difficult and time-consuming, so it's strongly recommend attempting them in ascending order to avoid unnecessary time and effort.

Step 1: Repair Registry Entries Associated with Error 6054

Step 2: Conduct a Full Malware Scan of Your PC

Step 3: Clean Out Your System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders) With Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)

Step 4: Update Your PC Device Drivers

Step 5: Utilize Windows System Restore to "Undo" Recent System Changes

Step 6: Uninstall and Reinstall the Microsoft Access Program Associated with Error 6054

Step 7: Run Windows System File Checker ("sfc /scannow")

Step 8: Install All Available Windows Updates

Step 9: Perform a Clean Installation of Windows

For more information check with the below link
http://www.solvusoft.com/en/errors/runtime-errors/microsoft-corporation/microsoft-access/6054-access-error-6054/

Kindly mark this as best answer if it helps.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P
Virat SInghVirat SIngh

Hi Taylor,

It's sad to know that you are facing this kind of problem. Even i have faced the same problem a while back.
But with God's grace, i was able to manually repair this error.
You can check out this blog for more info about the manual methods and all.
https://technicalsweb.wordpress.com/2017/01/06/ms-access-database-recovery/

As i have done the same.
Hope this blog might help you out.

Regards
Virat

russell whitesrussell whites
To open inaccessible MDB database file into a new database file and you can implement "Compact and Repair" function. If the database not works, you should try Acces File Recovery that easily repairs corrupt MS Access (.MDB or .ACCDB) database file and then recover tables, queries, forms, macros, reports, etc. It also restores permanently deleted data from MDB file of MS Access 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000 on your latest Windows 8.1 PC & all below Windows version like as Win8, Win7, Vista, 2003 and XP.

For more details, visit at: http://www.mannatsoftware.com/stellar-phoenix-access-recovery.html with free demo or trial version

Rylan KingRylan King
If Compact& Repair command fails to repair your MS Access database file you may try this solution to repair your corrupt access database file:
http://www.accessrecoverytool.com/

Karenjit KaurKarenjit Kaur
Access Error 6054 issue can be a disaster for your PC. Once people pay little attention to Access Error 6054, you may received more severe computer problems. Thus, In order to protect computer security and personal information, you need to solve Access Error 6054 problem as soon as possible with the guide in this article. Stellar Phoenix Access Recovery can be your idea solution to troubleshoot Access Error 6054 in time.
dazy parker 8dazy parker 8
Thanks Nagendra for the descriptive solution. I got the same error due to improper system shutdown. To fix this problem, I have tried all the steps that you have mentioned including software approach but not worked for me. Then, I tried the Stellar Phoenix Access Database Repair software and repair ACCDB file to fix the error. More information is available on official websitehttps://www.stellarinfo.com/access-database-repair.php

Note: Demo version is also available for all users.