function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ricardo_DiasRicardo_Dias 

Storage - External Data Object

Hi,

When we are using the "external data object", the Salesforce doesn't use any space to store data ? Absolutely nothing ?

Thank you !!!
Best Answer chosen by Ricardo_Dias
JLA.ovhJLA.ovh
Source : https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_external_objects.htm
"external object record data is stored outside your Salesforce organization"
"access data that's stored outside your Salesforce organization"
"You don't have to manage a copy of that data in Salesforce, so you're not wasting storage and resources keeping data in sync"
"External objects are best used when you have a large amount of data that you can’t or don’t want to store in your Salesforce organization, and you only need to use a small amount of data at any one time."

All Answers

JLA.ovhJLA.ovh
External objects are not stored in Salesforce. That is why it does not count towards your storage limit
Ricardo_DiasRicardo_Dias

Thank you AdminBooster !!

I think the same that you wrote ! But I need to have official Salesforce's information to show to my clients. Do you (or anyone) have some link that tells the same ?  (I'm not finding this information).

Thank you again !

JLA.ovhJLA.ovh
Source : https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_external_objects.htm
"external object record data is stored outside your Salesforce organization"
"access data that's stored outside your Salesforce organization"
"You don't have to manage a copy of that data in Salesforce, so you're not wasting storage and resources keeping data in sync"
"External objects are best used when you have a large amount of data that you can’t or don’t want to store in your Salesforce organization, and you only need to use a small amount of data at any one time."
This was selected as the best answer
Ricardo_DiasRicardo_Dias

Thank you Jean-Luc !!