function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GPS FinanceGPS Finance 

Contacts being deleted automatically?

I have a user who has repeatedly come to me saying several of his contacts on multiple account records have disappeared. I can see them in the company recycle bin and restore them, but so far it is a mystery as to how they are getting deleted in the first place. The recycle bin says that the user has deleted them, but he swears he didn't do it. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing contacts to be deleted? Could it be related to a Salesforce for Outlook sycn? Is it just user error?
Praveen Yadavalli 17Praveen Yadavalli 17
I am pretty sure its not User fault, Some one who has a system admin access  can login to organization users logins without any credentials by just going in to USERS, Here is the problem once SYSTEM ADMIN log in as  USER1 then his login on top right would show as USER1 so if system admin deletes anyrecords those records in the recyclebin show USER1 deleted those records which is obsolutely not a fact.
GPS FinanceGPS Finance
Good point, but I am the admin and I have not deleted these records either.
Or the other case just check the schedule jobs that might be running on this particular user to delete the contacts of certain criteria.
GPS FinanceGPS Finance
Nothing scheduled. I can’t think of anything we have set up that would delete a record.
Ok Try this -just inactivate the user completely and reactivate him back.
GPS FinanceGPS Finance
OK. I will try that and see what happens. It will probably take a couple days to see if it happens again. Thanks for your help.
Ok and also check that if the user has any field related to Library which is related to contact library.