function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sathwick SivvalaSathwick Sivvala 

Getting System.DmlException while doing challenge related to Formula Fields in Developer Beginner Trailhead

Getting System.DmlException while doing challenge related to Formula Fields in Developer Beginner Trailhead

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Delete failed. First exception on row 0 with id 0012800000pL9QYAA0; first error: DELETE_FAILED, Your attempt to delete Test Account could not be completed because it is associated with the following cases.: 00001152 : []

Below is the Formula field I had defined on the Case Object.
TODAY() - Account.LastActivityDate

This field is working fine when open a Case and see th details. When Salesforce Trailhead is checking the challenge I get the above exceptio.
Best Answer chosen by Sathwick Sivvala
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sathwick Sivvala,

Below formula worked for me.

Goto Setup>Customize>Case>Fields>Custom fields & Relationship>Create new>Formula field>Give Label Days Since Last Update>Choose return type Number and in formula editior add this formula.

Account.LastActivityDate - today()

But still your error seems different.I suggest you check if you have any trigger or workflow or validation rule on case or account object which is stopping you.

Please deactivate all those and try to check challenge.

Hope this helps you!

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

All Answers

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sathwick Sivvala,

Below formula worked for me.

Goto Setup>Customize>Case>Fields>Custom fields & Relationship>Create new>Formula field>Give Label Days Since Last Update>Choose return type Number and in formula editior add this formula.

Account.LastActivityDate - today()

But still your error seems different.I suggest you check if you have any trigger or workflow or validation rule on case or account object which is stopping you.

Please deactivate all those and try to check challenge.

Hope this helps you!

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

This was selected as the best answer
Sathwick SivvalaSathwick Sivvala
Thank you very much Sandhya.
De-activating all the triggers worked for me.
TODAY() - Account.LastActivityDate worked for me.
I think Account.LastActivityDate - today() will give a negative value.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks and Regards,
Sathwick.