function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NAlmolaNAlmola 

Error message received from Process Builder

We have recently implemented a new process using process builder. A user has recently contacted me to say that he is having difficulty saving a record since he is receiving an error message. I too, as the Systems Admin, have visibility of this, please see below detail. I have no idea what it's telling me. I have an idea and it maybe to do with the fact that it can't update a field because there is a blank value. Would this not be okay anyway to update? There is a another process on the back of this that references this field and if it is blank, the value is updated as 'Other' 

Any ideas? Tried to contact Salesforce Support but looks like they keep chaning support options to force people to use communities. 

An error occurred at element myRule_5_A1 (FlowRecordUpdate).
The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Ticket_Number__r.Contract__r.Product__c because it hasn't been set or assigned.

This report lists the elements that the flow interview executed. The report is a beta feature.
We welcome your feedback on IdeaExchange.
Flow Details
Flow Name: Update_PO_Product
Type: Workflow
Version: 8
Flow Interview Details
Interview Label: Update_PO_Product-8_Purchase_Order__c
Current User: Norah Almola (00520000002d2VY)
Start time: 23/08/2016 09:27
Duration: 0 seconds
How the Interview Started
Norah Almola (00520000002d2VY) started the flow interview.
Some of this flow's variables were set when the interview started.
myVariable_old = null
myVariable_current = a04w000000TcYP9AAN
ASSIGNMENT: myVariable_waitStartTimeAssignment
{!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} Equals {!Flow.CurrentDateTime}
Result
{!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} = "23/08/2016 09:27"
DECISION: myDecision
DECISION: myDecision2
DECISION: myDecision4
Executed this outcome: myRule_5
Outcome conditions: and
1. {!formula_myRule_5} (true) Equals true
Logic: All conditions must be true (AND)

Best Answer chosen by NAlmola
NAlmolaNAlmola
Hi Scott, thanks for your response, we've managed to resolve this internally. We allowed for another rule criteria which instructs the Process Builder what to do if the field value is NULL.This seems to have done the trick

All Answers

Scott Haleo 4Scott Haleo 4
Hi Norah,

Can you share with me the screenshot of process flow configuration so I can assist you in better way.

Regards,
Scott Haleo
@Hytechpro
NAlmolaNAlmola
Hi Scott, thanks for your response, we've managed to resolve this internally. We allowed for another rule criteria which instructs the Process Builder what to do if the field value is NULL.This seems to have done the trick
This was selected as the best answer