function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lakshmi SLakshmi S 

security concept

Hi All,

Q). 3 users with same profile (R/W permissions), need to remove Read permission for one user, how can we achieve that?

Can anyone reply for this post...
Thanks in advance.
Best Answer chosen by Lakshmi S
Keyur  ModiKeyur Modi
HI Lakshmi, 

1. Clone profile and  give read permission on cloned profile(eg, prf1 have three user usr1, usr2, usr3 , you want to restrict user 3 from write then clone profile prf1-cloned and in this profile allow to read only for specific object and assign user 3 in this profile) 

2. Make profile prf1 read only and through sharing rule  you can give read write permission for user 1 and user 2.

option 2 will not help you when you have more then 100 user . because it will be hectic to add those user on group.

Apart from this you have any other option please share it accross it will help me to learn.
Please let me know if you have any doubt in this.

Thanks, 
Keyur Modi

All Answers

Keyur  ModiKeyur Modi
HI Lakshmi, 

1. Clone profile and  give read permission on cloned profile(eg, prf1 have three user usr1, usr2, usr3 , you want to restrict user 3 from write then clone profile prf1-cloned and in this profile allow to read only for specific object and assign user 3 in this profile) 

2. Make profile prf1 read only and through sharing rule  you can give read write permission for user 1 and user 2.

option 2 will not help you when you have more then 100 user . because it will be hectic to add those user on group.

Apart from this you have any other option please share it accross it will help me to learn.
Please let me know if you have any doubt in this.

Thanks, 
Keyur Modi
This was selected as the best answer
IQBAL BASHAIQBAL BASHA
Create single profile with Read permission and associate this profile for all three users. Then use Permission Sets to give additional Write permission for specific list of users you want. 

This avoids unwanted manual sharing at every time.

Thanks
Iqbal