function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Julia ZocoloJulia Zocolo 

Mass Update Button Custom Object Error

Hello All,
I am trying to create a Mass Update Button for my custom object: LC_Call_Notes__c and I am doing this by copying the code from the mass update button used on our standard objects.

I am getting the following error: Error: Unknown method 'LC_Call_Notes__cStandardController.step2()'

Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you,
Julia
---------------------- Code from the first few lines------------------------------

<apex:page standardController="LC_Call_Notes__c" id="page">
<script>
    var lName ="/_ui/common/data/LookupPage?lkfm=editPage&lknm=";

function showLookup(ctrlID,objKeyPrefix)
        {
            openLookup(lName + ctrlID +"&lktp="+objKeyPrefix,670);
        }
</script>

<!-- for this page to work with a specific custom object, change standController="entityname" to custom object api name  
    For example, if custom object name is Warehouse__c, change first part of the first line to standardController="warehouse__c" -->

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Julia Rodriguez,
There is  Mass update/edit app in AppExchange which can be extended to custom objects.

Please refer below links.

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000ZjpXAAS

https://appexchange.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=00P3000000P3PrPEAV

Hope this helps you!

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

Julia ZocoloJulia Zocolo
Hello @Sandhya,

I did refer to the document for extended it to Custom Objects which got to me to my problem and error message above.
I need help with what to do with the error I received.

Thank you,
Julia