function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Squire Q KershnerSquire Q Kershner 

Getting Started with the Lighting Design System: Missing file in SLDS Zip?

The Getting Started with the Lighting Design System module requires a download of the Lighting Design System zip file, upload to a static resource, and a change to the Visual Force markup to reference the appropriate asset.  However, Lightning Design System version 2.0.3 doesn't xappear to have a salesforce-lightning-design-system-vf.min.css file as is identified and required by the module?  I noted other modules recently that have not been updated to address changes to the current version of the SLDS zip (file structure and naming changes).  In those cases, it was easy enough to modify the example markup to connect to the appropriate file.  But in this case, the "...-vf.min.css" file does not exist in the file structure.

Please advise?
James LoghryJames Loghry
Hi there.

If I recall correctly, the directory structure has changed a bit since the SLDS was released.  Either that, or there is a typo in the module you're going through.  The file you're looking for is actually in the assets/styles directory of the zip file.  You may have to update your VF accordingly.  

I'll pass this along to the Trailhead team too.

- James
James LoghryJames Loghry
I just checked the zip.  You're right, it looks like there's a typo in the module.  Instead of salesforce-lightning-design-system-vf.min.css, use salesforce-lightning-design-system.min.css and you should be good to go.