function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vincent Ip 7Vincent Ip 7 

BULK Api: # of Batches per rolling 24 hour period Limit clarification

From the documentation:
Bulk API Limits
You can submit up to 5,000 batches per rolling 24 hour period. You can't create new batches associated with a job that is more than 24 hours old.

http://resources.docs.salesforce.com/202/19/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_app_limits_cheatsheet.pdf

Does the above statement mean that for one job I cannot create  more than 5000 batches, or does it mean that I cannot ever create more than 5000 batches in 24 hours, regardless of the number of jobs?   The statement seems to indicate the prior, but wanted to make sure.

So, just to have an example,  if in a day, I were to create 5000 jobs and each job had one batch in it, would i be able to create that 5001st Job and create a single batch for that?  Again, just making sure i'm reading this right.

Best Answer chosen by Vincent Ip 7
UC InnovationUC Innovation
Yeah, it's the prior.  It's based on the number of batches, not confined to the batches within a job.  In the example you gave, you wouldn't be able to create the 5001st job.  I've hit that limit before. :-)

All Answers

UC InnovationUC Innovation
Yeah, it's the prior.  It's based on the number of batches, not confined to the batches within a job.  In the example you gave, you wouldn't be able to create the 5001st job.  I've hit that limit before. :-)
This was selected as the best answer
Vincent Ip 7Vincent Ip 7
Thanks the for reply!