function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
suresh nayak 12suresh nayak 12 

Update Converted Leads - Spring 16.

Hi all,

How to Update Converted Leads in Spring 16, please help me.

Thank you,

Best Answer chosen by suresh nayak 12
Thota Rakesh 1Thota Rakesh 1
Hi suresh nayak 12,

Salesforce Knowledge:

Update Converted Leads - Spring 16
  • With Spring 16 release, now you can update the converted leads. You need to do some user-specific and profile based settings and you are good to go. If you are a System Administrator,then you can even convert the lead which was already converted (seems to be a bug to me).
Follow below steps to enable this feature:
1) From Setup, enter User Interface in the Quick Find box, then select User Interface.
2) Select Enable "Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation" and "Update Records with Inactive
Owners" User Permissions.
3) Save your changes.
4) A4dd the setting to your profiles. From Setup, enter Profiles in the Quick Find box, then
select Profiles. Select the profile and then select Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation.
5) Save your changes.
If you want to update converted leads through dataloader, then you need to update a setting in
Dataloader. Follow below steps to configure your dataloader:
1. In Data Loader, navigate to Settings -> Settings.
2. Update Batch Size = 1.

If you try to update converted leads without performing above steps, you will get “ERROR:
insufficient access rights on object id".

Kindly mark it as solved if it helps you,

Best Regards,
Rakesh.T

All Answers

Thota Rakesh 1Thota Rakesh 1
Hi suresh nayak 12,

Salesforce Knowledge:

Update Converted Leads - Spring 16
  • With Spring 16 release, now you can update the converted leads. You need to do some user-specific and profile based settings and you are good to go. If you are a System Administrator,then you can even convert the lead which was already converted (seems to be a bug to me).
Follow below steps to enable this feature:
1) From Setup, enter User Interface in the Quick Find box, then select User Interface.
2) Select Enable "Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation" and "Update Records with Inactive
Owners" User Permissions.
3) Save your changes.
4) A4dd the setting to your profiles. From Setup, enter Profiles in the Quick Find box, then
select Profiles. Select the profile and then select Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation.
5) Save your changes.
If you want to update converted leads through dataloader, then you need to update a setting in
Dataloader. Follow below steps to configure your dataloader:
1. In Data Loader, navigate to Settings -> Settings.
2. Update Batch Size = 1.

If you try to update converted leads without performing above steps, you will get “ERROR:
insufficient access rights on object id".

Kindly mark it as solved if it helps you,

Best Regards,
Rakesh.T

This was selected as the best answer
Katrina TustinKatrina Tustin
Hi, So I am trying to set this up for our company but cannot seem to find "profiles" when using the Quick Find box.  I cam find "profile" but when I look in there I cannot find any option of "Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation".  Help please! :-)