function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Val KalliecharanVal Kalliecharan 

Web-to-contact and web-to-email

Hi there - I understand how web-to-case html works, but I would also like to have three additional things occur once a user/customer submits the form online i.e.
1) also somehow auto populate the info from the fields into a Contact record
2) automatically associate the case with the contact record
3) capture the info submitted into an email 

Here are the reasons why (Currently with our setup, we are using www.gravityforms.com to get the info submitted here (and other similar pages on our website) turksandcaicosreservations(dotcom)/request_a_quote/)
1) currently we have to take the info from the fields that that the user submits and manually created a contact record (very time consuming)
2) currently we have to manually do this
3)   currently the info submitted gets sent into a case and it automatically generates an email that our sales agents can simply 'reply' to when responding

Please help.

Thanks
GauravGargGauravGarg

Hi Val,

As far I understood, you are setting up Email-To-Case i.e. whenever customer sends and email to Salesforce org, the case would get created automatically and based on the case creation you need to perform following actions:
1. Create contact record and associate it with case. 
2. Sends an confirmation email to customer. 

If my understanding is correct, then follow below approach to set up the process:
1. Follow link to set-up email to case in your org. https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=setting_up_email-to-case.htm&language=en
2. On After insert call of "Case object Trigger", write code to create contact having "lastname" as this is required field.
3. Associate this contact with Case. 
4. You can throw email confirmation through workflow rules or process builder which will be triggering once the Case execution ends.

Hope this will help you, let me know if you face issues in this. You can directly contact me on below details.

Thanks,

Gaurav
Email: gauravgarg.nmims@gmail.com

Nuevo9763Nuevo9763
Hi Gaurav,
can gravity forms read the fields from SalesForce object? I am new to SF and our company is using GF for web-to-lead, now the form needs to be updated with some information on opportunity object, is it possible to do that?
Thankss,
MK07

GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi Madhuri,

As far I know, this is not possible as GF can only push data to salesforce but cannot read it. 

But as I understood from the requirement, that we need following:
1. Create Web-to-lead --> already implemented using GF.
2. Update / create opportunities based on GF. 

Yes, we can transfer some data from GF to SFDC, and control it at SF side to update particular opportunities. 

Please connect with me skype: gaurav62990, to discuss more on it. 

Thanks,
Gaurav
Kris KrisKris Kris
If you do not understand this, it's better to immediately contact people who are engaged in promotion. There is a good studio https://www.codenetix.com/
web service companies they will do to you qualitatively and at a normal price. If you do it yourself, just spend time.