function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mike FairchildMike Fairchild 

Live Agent setAgentState briefly disconnects Live Agent

I have a custom console componet that I use for custom chat statuses that get logged to a custom object. When the picklist is changed, I call setAgentState to set the state based on a mapping of custom status to live agent status.

I've noticed that going from offline to online/away it will go online and then disconnect and then reconnect. I can verify this because I get 3 agentStateChanges, one for online, then offline, then online all within a very short period of time.

Anyone else seen this before?
I forgot to mention that this doesn't happen when using the built in component for live agent to change the state.
IanfitzingIanfitzing
Are you still seeing this?  I think we might have a similar issue but this post is 2.5 years old.  Has this issue been addressed?
We switched to using Omnichannel a while back so this was no longer necessary. I did however find a bug when going from offline to away that it would route chats to that agent during that short online period. It has since been fixed. https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p3A0000001AX8QAM