function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
satakshisatakshi 

How to create calender on custom button?

Hello,
  I am creating a custom button. On this custom button i want calender. Means suppose I want to create events for september 2016 then i will get rows of days in september 2016. If i want create events for october 2016 then i will get rows of days in oct 2016. How is this possible?egards,
Satakshi
Best Answer chosen by satakshi
sharathchandra thukkanisharathchandra thukkani
button

try this. in the url it should be as mentioned above

All Answers

Prafull G.Prafull G.
Will you use statndard layouts on Custom Button to create Events or this will be your visualforce page?
On standard you anyways have Datetime field and on VF as well you can make use of <apex:inputField> to show Calendar.
satakshisatakshi
Hello Prafull,

Sorry, but i am newbie in salesforce. My custom button will be on custom object. 

Regards,
Satakshi
Prafull G.Prafull G.
Ok.
Depends on what you want to do on Custom Button click, there are multiple options available. Please refer below link for more details
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=defining_custom_links.htm&language=en_US

satakshisatakshi
Hello Prafull,
   Hey prafull i am able to create custom button. My question is i dont know how to crate calender in which i can enter the events. that too i want it for particular month.

button

try this. in the url it should be as mentioned above
This was selected as the best answer
in this md0 and md1 parameters should be dynamic that thing you can do by using the Date functions
Open the image in new tab. By right click on the image and view in different tab
satakshisatakshi
Hello sharathchandra, 

Its working. But can you please give me its code. I will need it for adding some functionalities in my project. 

Thanks & Regards,
Satakshi
There is no code everything is build by point an click. You need to create custom button with URL which is mentioned in the image. Hope you got it.
satakshisatakshi
Hello sharathchandra,

Yes, I got it. Thank you for the help

Thanks & Regards,
Utkarsha
satakshisatakshi
Hello sharathchandra, 

Is this possible if i am having 2 different picklist field for year and month. If i clicked on this custom button then i will able to see calender of that particualr month.

Thanks & Regards,
Utkarsha
yes it is possible. But if you want to show the calender for the current month and current year no need to create the picklist fields.

as mentioned above in this md0 and md1 parameters should be dynamic that thing you can do by using the Date functions.

/00U/c?cType=1&md0={!YEAR(TODAY())}&md1={!MONTH(TODAY())-1}
satakshisatakshi
Thanks dear. Actually in my requirement i want it according to selected month and year. i did it using form*ula field. thanks for your help.*