function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HARSHIL U PARIKHHARSHIL U PARIKH 

Instance Refresh

Hello Everyone!

Does anyone konw which new instance will NA9 will move to?
And how to remove hardcoded URLS from Email templates?
I have read read this article online but do you have to install eclipse and do it throuogh force.com IDE or is there any other way of doing it?
In IDE once you search for the instance (let's say NA9) then what to do?
Best Answer chosen by HARSHIL U PARIKH
SalesFORCE_enFORCErSalesFORCE_enFORCEr
Create custom labels to store the instance url and use them in your email templates. So, it will be easy to change it in one place instead of chaging on all the templates.
Also, I did not understand "Does anyone konw which new instance will NA9 will move to?". Production instances don't change on refresh.

All Answers

Create custom labels to store the instance url and use them in your email templates. So, it will be easy to change it in one place instead of chaging on all the templates.
Also, I did not understand "Does anyone konw which new instance will NA9 will move to?". Production instances don't change on refresh.
This was selected as the best answer
Hello Shalabh , I appreciate your feedback.

Although I never knew how to create custom labels I am learning it with few youtube videos:)
But however, currently I have one app named "Metadata Search" installed it retuens all metadata from your organization based on your search.

I am searching "NA9" and it has returned several email templates which has "NA9" as URL and I was wondering how do I change those URL? I mean do we have any way to know which new instance name will be for "na9.salesforce.com" like "na1.salesforce.com" or "na2.salesforce.com" or "na100.salesforce.com" etc..
if you are using Eclipse then you can use search and replace. What do you mean by new instance? Are you moving your production instance server?
Well I mean new server not instance.. I want to know I am moving from NA9 to Na1 or NA2 or NA50 etc..?
You need to check with your company's salesforce support. Generally, companies dont move their production instances unless there is a merger or something.
Hi Shalabh,
Thank you for follow up!
Our organization got an email stating your instance server will be changing by sept 18. Our current server is NA9 and it will change to something else from sept-18 and I want to know which new name I will have inplace of na9.
In that case, you should contact Salesforce support.
Hi Shalabh, Thank you again for an answer...you guys make salesforce experience great!

Can you help me understand what is "Whitelisting IP addresses" means? Are trusted IP Ranges under "Network Access" in salesforce are whitelisted ip addresses means if "Start IP address" to "End Ip Address" is 00.00.000.00 to 88.88.888.88 then all ranges b/w those address are trusted or whitelisted?
My organization doesn't use profile based ip address so I was wondering if I need to take care any Ip ranges related issue throughout "Instance Refresh" process?
If you are defining IP ranges then anyone trying to access Salesforce within that IP range will be treated as a trusted user. But if you Whitelist All IPs then anyone will be able to access your instance without any security token or verification code, which will be a security risk.
Read this for detailed information
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000003652
Hello Shalabh,
Is defining "Start IP" and "End Ip" under Trusted IP Ranges in salesforce callled "whitelisting"?
Thank you.
Yes
Prathibha SPrathibha S
Hi Salesforce_enforcer,

We got an update from salesforce product team about NA4 instance refresh. I have checked if our org has any hard coded references are there and came up with few hardcoded areas in a trigger and many on web links. How can I start working on this? In help docs I it is mentioned to implement myDomain in our orgs and if I do that, how I need to take care the changes and is there any other way which I can solve this issue?

Thanks in Advance,
Prathibha