function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Afonso LeitãoAfonso Leitão 

Error: This Unique Name already exists or has been previously used. Please choose a different name.

Hello,

So, I'm doing the third unit "Automate Sets of Delayed Actions with Workflow" from the module "Process Automation" (Admin Intermediate) and the challeng is to set a workflow rule, I set the rule and the actions with the name that was asked, unfortunately it didn't work out and whenever I tried to check if the challenge was done, basically what it said was "rule cannot execute". I tried to go around it, changed some stuff and still nothing and then I had the great idea of just deleting the rule and do it from scratch and now both actions - 'Set Case to Escalated' & 'Follow Up on Escalated Case' - when I try to create them displays the error message on the title. I tried to add a "1" in the end but when I check the challenge it doesn't find it. 

Is there any solution around this? How can I make it work? Or I just won't be able to finish this unit now? 
Sorry for the english and I express myself too confusingly, and also for my lack of knowledge.

Thank you

UC InnovationUC Innovation
Hi Afonso,

I have run into this issue in the past and found that varaible names across your org must be unique when it comes down to processes since they can be referenced in other processes. Check this and make sure that they dont have the same unique name.

Hope this helps!

AM
Afonso LeitãoAfonso Leitão
Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply but I already solved it, now trying to complete the challenge.

Thank You
Neeta SatishNeeta Satish
Hi Afonso,

I have run into exactly same issue on the same challenge exercise. How did you resolve this issue? I am thinking of creating this in different developer org and connecting it to same TP. But, curious to know your resolution. 
Thanks in advance.

-Sunita
Delubio de PaulaDelubio de Paula
Afonso, please share what you have done, please! It will help the ones who tried and couldn´t figure this out.
Chad Nico LazarraChad Nico Lazarra
I've encountered same issue but on the VF Page.  What I did was, I compared the API name and the meta-data.xml to the target org. I found out that the naming is different like SampleClass.page to Sampleclass.page notice the small letter C.  
James BensonJames Benson
Alfonso,

Can you please share the wealth? It would be immensely awesome of you.

James
Hugh JonesHugh Jones
I had a very similar problem which I resolved by emptying my recycle bin. I'd deleted an early version of the flow so that I could start over but even when it is in the bin it prevents you using the same names again.
Anand s 54Anand s 54
I have that problem and the real issue is solved. This occurred in my Approval Process Case Study and I solved it.
Go to Field updates OR Email Alerts from Setup and delete the Respective Rule from the list respective to the Object.
Thiago BohnThiago Bohn
For everyone facing the same issue please try Anand 54's solution. It solved my issue. It seems that even if we delete our records while inside the approval process, these same records remain saved on the Email Alerts and Field Updates pages.
Dizzy BDizzy B
Anand's solutions worked for me too. Thanks!
Mariana Dos SantosMariana Dos Santos
Anand's solution worked for me as well! AWESOME. Thanks a lot.
Parveen ParveenParveen Parveen
Anand's solution worked for me too. Thanks
Olubunmi AgboolaOlubunmi Agboola
Anand s 54 solution worked perfectly for me. Thank you
DaeHoon ChoiDaeHoon Choi
Anand's solution is perfect for this error