function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adam TrevitsAdam Trevits 

Creating a community in Trailhead

I was walking through the creation of community in Trailhead. It asked me to name the domain for the url"cloudkicks". I did so, but when checking avialability, it said that was not avilable. I appeneded my name to the front and it worked successfully. However, it will not let me complete the challenge becasue the name does not match. Any suggestions? I tried starting over, but it seems to keep bring me back to that particular community.
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Adam Trevits,

Try using cloudkicks1 or just appending any other number for it. As far as I know, trailhead does not take into account numbers appended to the name.

Hope this helps you!

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
Adam TrevitsAdam Trevits
Hi Sandhya, Thank you, good to know about numbers. Unfortuantely the community was already created and so it will not allow me to alter the URL in the system. I tried to repeat the steps to create a new community and it just keeps bringing me back to the URL with my fist name on it. Any ideas how to get around this? Thanks.